Friday, June 4, 2010

Is this June aleady?!?

I just can't get over how time just passes us by. I guess in a way it's good sometimes since we just found out my son is coming home from Iraq next month. We thought he was going to have to stay longer but he got word that he will be coming home. That is a blessing.
I have kinda slowed down on making my military bags and am venturing in to other things. I am actually learning how to make little dresses/tops, pj pants and what ever else I can make. I found this wonderful site quite a while back and absolutely love their patterns. They are the easiest patterns to follow. It is www.youcanmakethis.com. The best place ever!!! They also have a really cool tutorials at www.thediydish.com. These ladies are so cute to watch. Check them out of you get a chance. Oh I made a rag quilt and that is pretty cool to do. We have lots of grandchildren and I just want to make them something special. Hopefully they won't forget what Nana did for them. Hubby is getting ready to semi retire and we are going to travel. Get the heck out of dodge for a bit. Can't wait for that to happen. It won't be till January 1st but as I say, time flies by. The older you get the faster it goes.
My mother is finished with her chemo and radiation for now. She goes back in August to see if anything has changed for her. I pray that it has. If not then she may have to go through more. I went to see her this past weekend and bless her heart her hair is coming out and she has lost her eyelashes and eyebrows. She has such beautiful hair. Hopefully she won't lose it all.
Well I reckon it is time for me to get some things done. So till next time.

No comments: